I have roughly a month (and a half) until I turn 24. That means that I have roughly 13 months until I turn 25. So why not do something with that time?
So, as inspired by Mackenzie Horan’s 101 in 1001 (way too intense for me!), here’s my “25 before 25” – all of which must be accomplished by my 25th birthday in April 2015:
25 before 25
Start date: March 1, 2014
End date: April 16, 2015
Progress: 1/25 (as of April 14, 2014)
1. Go 1 month without shopping.
2. Develop a budget and actually stick to it for (at least) 2 months.
3. Make it to the gym (and actually work out) 3 times a week for (at least) 3 months.
4. Visit 4 museums in Dallas. (3/4: Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas Museum of Art, George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum)
5. Throw 5 (preferably themed) dinner parties. (1/5: A Thursday Night Dinner Party)
6. Spend a day with my sister, doing what she wants, all expenses paid by me.
7. Travel somewhere new.
8. Drink 8 glasses of water a day for (at least) a month.
9. Learn how to needlepoint.
10. Make 10 new dessert recipes. (6/10: Devilishly Delicious Devil’s Food Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Red Velvet Hamantaschen, Warm Brownie Cups, Almond Coconut Macaroons, Chocolate Matzo Toffee)
See an opera I’ve never before seen. (COMPLETED April 13, 2014: Das Rhinegold)
12. Redesign my blog to make it a reflection of all things me.
13. Eat at 13 new restaurants in Dallas (one for each month) – each with different people! (3/13: Lockhart Smokehouse with Kristina, Toulouse Café and Bar with my grandparents, Sangria Mediterranean Tapas and Bar with Chelsea)
14. Take a trip to visit a friend in another city.
15. Make 15 new-to-me meal recipes off of Pinterest. (1/15: Healthy Spaghetti & Meatballs, Steamed Artichokes, Honey Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts)
16. Look into getting a puppy. (not necessarily get one – just start researching and planning!)
17. Run a mile without stopping.
18. Take a trip to New York City.
19. D-I-Y and revitalize an old piece of furniture.
20. Read 20 novels. (3/20: Graceling, Fire, Bitterblue)
21. Launch a new blog series on Glitter & Spice.
22. Donate to a cause in which I believe.
23. Take a friend (who has never before seen an opera) to an opera.
24. Walk 24 miles in 24 hours.
25. Put $25 into my savings account for every goal I accomplish from this list!($25/$625)
- 1 for good luck: Write 50 blog posts on Glitter & Spice. (23/50)
Wish me luck!
PS: If I inspire you to write your own list (be it a 25 before 25, a 101 in 1001, a 300 by 30, etc.), either tweet me the link (@DARTHKUSHNER) and I’ll add you below or feel free to post it in the comments! :)