“Soup” might be the wrong word to use in naming this food… perhaps “stew”? I am a firm believer that in any soup that isn’t a purée should really be filled with food. Otherwise it’s just broth. And broth is boring.
And this soup/stew is anything but boring.
Oh, and it’s crazy easy to make.
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 heads of celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of whole wheat fusilli (or wide egg noodles)
Add all of the ingredients except for the pasta to the crock pot. Cook on high for 8 hours or on low for about 6 hours. Once that time is up, cook the pasta, drain it, and add it to the crock pot. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes and then serve.
Told you it’s crazy easy.
What are your favorite kinds of soup to make?