- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 8-12 flour or corn tortillas
Place everything except for the grated cheddar and the tortillas in the slow cooker and stir. Cook on high for about 4-6 hours.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Stir the chicken back into the sauce and keep the slow cooker on warm.
Upon each tortilla, place about three tablespoons of the chicken and sauce mixture. Top that with roughly a tablespoon or two of the grated cheddar cheese. Firmly roll the tortillas before placing them – seam-side-down – on the baking sheet.
Repeat for each tortilla before sticking the baking sheet in the oven for about 10-12 minutes (or until the tops of the tortillas begin to brown and the cheese is fully melted). Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve the taquitos immediately!