Caprese Salad Skewers

Caprese Salad Skewers

Hello, easiest appetizer recipe of all time. I made these caprese salad skewers a few weeks ago for a holiday party and, wow, were they a hit!

This recipe is best described as “some assembly required” – this recipe includes¬†only whole ingredients from the store, so 90% of the five minutes you’re going to spend preparing this dish will be spent sticking the ingredients on the skewers (the other 10% will be spent washing the tomatoes and the basil – yay for not ingesting any pesticides). Furthermore, as it only uses whole ingredients, this recipe is both easy to make and relatively healthy. So yay for that! Keep reading for the full recipe – it makes about 10 servings.

Caprese Salad Skewers

Ingredients:

  • 1 container (8 ounces) of mini buffalo mozzarella balls
  • 2 containers (8 ounces each) of cherry tomatoes
  • 20¬†basil leaves
  • balsamic glaze

Directions:

On each skewer place a cherry tomato followed by a folded basil leaf (I folded them into quarters), a mini buffalo mozzarella ball, another folded basil leaf, and another cherry tomato. When all the skewers are assembled, lay them flat on the serving platter. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the skewers before serving.