Sorry for the delay in this post! Usually I post every day, Monday through Friday at 5:00AM CST, but I’m currently traveling and the Inn I’m staying with in Napa was WiFi-less last night so I was unable to write today’s post until this morning.
However, I’m pretty sure y’all will forgive me because this post includes BOOZE (and we all love that / know how much I love that).
This Red, White, and Blue Cocktail recipe is perfect for your upcoming Fourth of July festivities (reminder: it’s this weekend!!). By playing a bit with the densities of the liquors, you can create an awesome layered look in your cocktail. Plus it doesn’t hurt that the drink is absolutely delicious and those blueberry star-shaped ice cubes are always a huge hit!
Just imagine laying under the fireworks show on Monday (aka the Forth of July), sippin’ this bad boy. How much more ‘Murica can you get? Well, I suppose you could throw in a star-spangled bikini and totally win the day. This vodka-based Red, White, and Blue Cocktail would be absolutely ideal for any America-themed summer celebration, whether it be Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, or even cheering on team USA later this summer at the Olympics! Keep reading for the full recipe.
Imagine sitting under the stars, sipping this drink while watching the fireworks show on the Fourth of July. How much more perfect can it get?!? This vodka-based cocktail would be absolutely ideal for any America-themed summer celebration, whether it be Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, or even cheering on team USA at the Olympics!
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1 part vodka
- 4 parts club soda
- 1/2 part grenadine
- 1/2 part PAMA Liquor
- Combine the blueberries and the water in a blender and puree.
- Pour the blueberry-water mixture into the star-shaped ice cube tray and place the tray in the freezer.
- Combine the vodka and club soda in a glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the grenadine with the PAMA liquor.
- Slowly pour or float (using a spoon) the red mixture into the glass. If you pour the grenadine straight from the bottle, line up the rim of the shaker to the rim of the glass and slowly pour the red mixture down the inside of the glass. That way, the red will settle at the bottom of the drink.
- Gently place a blue star ice cube in the drink - it should float at the top.
- Add a sparkly stirrer and serve!