I’m baaaaack! Sorry for the radio silence, kiddies. Sunday night I was like “Monday’s a holiday… no post” and then Monday night I was like “I’m a deep-fried lobster who did nothing but lounge around looking at attractive men all day but somehow that’s all super exhausting so I’m going to sleep instead of writing Tuesday’s post”.
And now y’all know what my thoughts sound like… and why I choose not to voice like 88% of them. Yep, I know, you’re thanking me for that.
So now for today’s recipe: orzo with peas. Y’all. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I make it all of the time for dinners with friends, or I’ll make a giant vat of it on Sunday and eat it throughout the entire week. It’s always a huge hit… plus this orzo with peas recipe is super delicious hot or cold! Keep reading for the full recipe (and there’s an AMAZING giveaway at the bottom of this post!)
Orzo with Peas
- 1/2 pound of dry whole wheat orzo pasta, prepared to package's instructions
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup of fresh english peas, washed
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- optional: 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese
- Place the cooked orzo in a large bowl.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the minced shallot and onion in the olive oil until soft (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Add the peas to the pan and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian/vegan), cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour the contents of the pan into the large bowl with orzo, add the basil and (optional) parmesan and toss before serving.
And now for that giveaway I teased earlier…!
One of the biggest sales of the year is right around the corner (aka like next week!). I’ve teamed up with a bunch of other bloggers to make sure that you’ll be ready for it! Enter below up to 101 times for a chance to win a $1225 gift card to Nordstrom just in time for the big Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!!! Just think of what you could buy with this! I personally want a fabulous pair of boots and perhaps a fierce coat too… because why not.
And now for the rules: this giveaway ends on 7/13 and winner will be announced on 7/14 (the first day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.) Must be 16 years old (or older) to enter. International entrants welcome. Please keep in mind that you cannot complete more than 101 entries and that we can tell if the same person uses multiple emails to enter. All entries will be verified, so make sure to hit ‘FOLLOW’ or ‘LIKE’ to complete each entry.