Come winter, every winter, I live in cozy winter knits. This is a trend that started in college – four years in the arctic tundra of Upstate New York really teaches you a thing or two about dressing for warmth.
However, so many of my friends here in Texas have no clue how to dress with function and form when the temperature dips. So Marks & Spencer and I thought it’d be fun to team up to bring y’all a guide to some of my favorite winter knits (including the one I’m wearing above!).
What I’m Wearing:
Sweater: Marks & Spencer, c/o / Skirt: Marks & Spencer, c/o / Bag: Marks & Spencer, c/o
Shoes: Marks & Spencer, c/o / Neck Scarf: Marks & Spencer, c/o
Sunglasses: Marks & Spencer, c/o / Earrings: Marks & Spencer, c/o
Weather in Texas can be pretty inconsistent (see: 80°F weather we had last week and 50°F weather we had over the weekend), but, typically, you really don’t need more than a comfy sweater in the winter. Which is super unlike Upstate New York. In undergrad – and this is no joke – I would wear 2 pairs of tights under my leggings under my jeans, with 2-3 pairs of socks, boots, a button-down, a cable-knit sweater, a blazer, a jacket, and a puffy parka with a fur hood. And a scarf. And gloves. Getting dressed each morning would take up to 30 minutes… it was like gearing up for battle.
After my experience in New York, I had a newfound appreciation for both cozy sweaters and our Texas winters. And, let’s be real, nobody does cozy sweaters better than the Brits! Hence why there was a slew of fabulous Marks & Spencer sweaters that caught my eye:
- This fun ruffled sweatshirt ($54) – I obviously loved this sweater the most… after all, I’m wearing it above! This gray sweater is good for work as I’m wearing it here or for lounging around the house with leggings (it’s that comfy!).
- This frilly knit ($39) – this should be no surprise to any of you that I love ruffles and frills and everything girly. And for that price tag, how could you not love this sweater?
- This peplum hem, flared-sleeve sweater ($46) – I love how this sweater combines two of my favorite trends: the flared sleeve and the peplum hem! Plus… it’s pink. Le duh.
- This pink bow-sleeve sweater ($46) – PINK AND BOWS, PEOPLE. PINK. AND. BOWS. (and under $50 so cue the dancing emoji)
- This flared-sleeve knit sweater ($54) – this style of sweater has been so popular this winter! I love how warm this winter knit looks – it’d be perfect with a mini skirt here in Texas or with jeans and boots up north!
Form and function, y’all. It’s a thing.