So I may have slept through writing my post Tuesday night. And then I lost track of time with one of my best friends last night and ended up watching Outlander while polishing off more than one bottle of wine between the two of us. Don’t judge me. They were really good bottles… and Sam Heughan is just so attractive.
People are constantly asking me for healthy recipes. And I have no idea why. I publicly declare my love for mac and cheese, queso, and pizza… and, for some reason, people think that that means I know something about being healthy.
I don’t. I really don’t.
That being said, this recipe for crispy parmesan edamame is one of my all-time healthy faves. It’s so stinkin’ good, it’s at least reasonably healthy (cheese in moderation is fine, right?), and it’s the perfect dish to make after a long day / when you only have a little bit of time. Keep reading for the full recipe for this edamame appetizer!
Crispy Parmesan Edamame Appetizer
- 2 cups of fresh shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the edamame in a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the edamame and toss to coat all of the edamame.
- In a small bowl, mix the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper together. Pour the parmesan mixture into the bowl containing the edamame.
- Once all of the edamame are evenly coated with the parmesan mixture, pour the combined mixture onto the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Upon removal from the oven, the cheese should be crispy. Serve the appetizer while hot.